Krishna Shasankar's Life Blog

This blog is a HTML virus which will format your C: Drive ..... Be Careful :)

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Taj Mahal….



Taj Mahal…. Some call it the man’s greatest erection for an woman [J]… if you have been there you would will be able to understand what it really means..

I have been to Taj very recently (this April); this is the first time I have visited Agra. Visiting Taj was a great Experience. It was an unscheduled visit, as a frequent traveler you should be open to unscheduled plans. As the saying goes “Good travelers never know where their destination is… “. I am one of them (if not good I m trying to be one). I was on this Trip to Gwalior for a friend’s marriage. I was travelling with some of my friends. We got a train from Chennai to Gwalior, which was a bad trip; I got completely exhausted with the dry climate of north India. We reached there in some early morning (4 or 5 am). When I came out of bathroom after taking my morning bath, all these guys were packing their bags for a trip to Agra, Joseph and Chandru stayed back. But you know, I never miss these chances.

Its some 7 AM in the morning, we are back again in Gwalior rly station to catch a train to Agra. The view of Gwalior fort from the Railway station gave me second thoughts of staying back and visiting Gwalior Fort first but the guys held me up. We caught the train; it was a travel full of all kinds of hassles, full rush trains, bad auto-rick bargains, bad climate, bad food, etc... Nothing seemed to work out for us. The auto –driver showed the way to the entry and gave us a huge bunch of safety advices.

We got the entry tickets and went in. Until now I have never seen a glimpse of the great taj. Even after you are so close to the greatest monument you will not see a glimpse of it. We went in, there was some tamil movie shooting going on inside (Nasser was doing some acting). I never cared about these things. To tell you the fact, my heart is pounding inside and I can feel the restlessness for having the first look at the great beauty. I was running towards the entrance and stepped into the place were everyone take those fotos. I had the first complete view of the TAJ, and then I say to myself “This is what you have been waiting to see all your life… ”


Taj is a great creation. You feel it’s yours. You feel proud about its beauty. There is that immense pleasure of being in a great place when you are there. There is a great sense of feeling when you watch it. Such a great thing standing so silent, so unnoticed from the rest of the world. It’s a real wonder.

Pls vote for TAJ as the new greatest wonder of the World. Follow the link below

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=366

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home